There can be no doubt that COVID-19 has negatively impacted the near-term government contracting (GOVCON) mergers and acquisitions (M&A) outlook. Debt markets are difficult to access, many strategic buyers are in “wait and see” mode, and sellers are waiting to go to market until the climate improves.
However, what are the trends emerging from the pandemic that will have longer-term implications on the market, beyond COVID-19?
- Will there be a long-term shift in government spending priorities?
- Will telework among government employees and contractors become more institutionalized, causing buyers to look for acquisition targets and talent outside of the traditional GOVCON hubs?
This esteemed panel of speakers met on Thursday 16 April 2020 to discuss these M&A topics and more:
- Pierre Chao, Founding Partner, Renaissance Strategic Advisors
- John Noh, VP Corporate Development, Booz Allen Hamilton
- Ajay Patel, President and CEO, SMA, Inc.
- Sumeet Shrivastava, CEO, Array Information Technology, Inc
Moderator: Mitchell Martin, Senior Managing Director, The McLean Group