SMA’s Cost Management, Planning and Scheduling Solution
Increased government oversight of programs means that contractors must perform better from the start. Ash Carter, former US Undersecretary of Defense, sponsored legislation that aimed to get programs “started in such a way that they don’t cause problems later.” This emphasis on early program success, and the real threat of program cancellation due to poor performance, calls direct attention to Program Planning and Controls (PP&C) capabilities, and program start up in particular, At SMA, we have a solution.
- Avoid costly delays at program start-up
- Avoid rebaselining—do it right the first time
- Don’t go it alone on your most important programs
- Get better control of your high risk subcontractors
- Be compliant, and reduce government scrutiny